With over 95 million posts published daily on Instagram, it can be difficult to stand out from the crowd. You want to upload something attention-grabbing that will impress both your followers and new audiences. And luckily, Instagram offers a variety of features to help you make the perfect post.
One such feature is adding music to your posts to create just the right mood and elicit a certain response. Follow our simple guide, and your content will soon become your audience’s favorite! Here is what you should do:
- Open your Instagram app;
- Tap on the plus icon in the top right corner to create a new post;
- Select a picture from your gallery;
- Press the arrow (or Next) in the top right corner;
- Add a filter or edit the photo if you wish. If not, press the arrow (or Next) again;
- Tap on the Add music option in the menu that opens;
- Select a song from the recommended options or use the search bar to find something specific;
- Choose the part of the song you want to feature in the post;
- Tap the checkmark;
- Publish the post!
The process is similar for posting reels and stories, except that you’ll get the Add music option in the editing menu, not afterward.
Also, keep in mind that you won’t be able to add music to posts with multiple pictures. If that’s what you want to do, you’ll likely need to use a third-party app before uploading the post to Instagram.