If you’re an avid lover of Instagram stories, you know that they’re a great way to post quick snapshots of your life without clogging up your feed. They also offer you a way to share topics you care about, as well as music, polls, and so on.
In the following sections, we’ll teach you how to take your story game to the next level by changing your background color. Read on, and take notes!
Changing the Background to a Solid Color
For anyone who wants to change their story background to a solid color, here’s what you need to do.
- Upload a photo to your story or choose a post/story to repost.
- Tap the three little dots in the upper right corner and select the draw feature.
- Pick the pen option, and then choose the solid color you want. There are default options, and there is a color dropper tool you can use as well.
- Once you have your color, simply long-press the middle of your screen. The entire story will turn the color you chose.
- Finally, use the eraser tool to uncover your photo or post underneath, and you’ll be good to go.
Although this method is a bit messy, it works wonders. Remember to make good use of the Undo button while you work, and your new story will be ready in no time.
Changing the Background Using Create Mode
Another option is to use the Create tool. However, this method does not allow you to upload photos and videos. Instead, you can post GIFs, polls, timers, and so on.
- Open your app, and then swipe to the right. By doing so, you’ll open the camera.
- Choose the Create option. It should be the first one featured on the menu.
- As you customize your story, you will notice a little bubble in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap the bubble, and choose any background color you want.
- Finish your story, and post it.