Like most other apps, Instagram temporarily stores data in the cache on your device to speed up its loading time and reduce data consumption. This feature is quite useful, but your phone will likely begin to lag as the cache grows bigger over time. When that starts happening, it’s time to make room in your storage by clearing the cache.
How to Clear Instagram Cache on iPhone
If you have an iPhone or other iOS device, clearing the Instagram cache is, unfortunately, impossible. Instead, you’ll have to delete the app altogether and reinstall it. Here is the fastest way to do that:
- Find the Instagram app on your Home screen;
- Press the icon and hold it until a menu appears;
- At the bottom of the dropdown menu, tap the Remove App option;
- Confirm that you want to delete Instagram;
- Go to the App Store and reinstall the app for free.
Now, when you log back in, the cache will be gone, and you’ll be able to use the app as before.
How to Clear Instagram Cache on Android
Unlike Apple’s products, Android has a specific option to clear the cache without deleting the app in question. Here is how to do that for Instagram:
- Open Settings on your Android device;
- Scroll to the Apps section;
- Find Instagram in your phone’s list of apps and open it;
- Click on the Storage option to see more details;
- On the new page, you’ll see two options: Clear Data and Clear Cache;
- Tap on Clear Cache.
Keep in mind that while all these options will exist on every phone, the UI may slightly differ. So, in some cases, you might see only the Clear all data option in Storage. But once you click on it, you will find Clear Cache.