Would you like to expand the exposure of your Instagram content to a wider audience and receive greater engagement? If so, you should definitely consider using the collaboration (collab) feature on Instagram.
Collab posts is a helpful tool used by influencers, marketers, and everyday users of Instagram to increase brand awareness and maximize social engagement.
We will go over exactly how to create collab posts, as well as the main reasons why you should leverage this powerful feature.
How to Collab Post on Instagram
There are a few steps you will need to take to set up collab posts. Here’s our guide to help you do exactly that:
- Open your Instagram to view your main feed page
- Tap on the + icon in the menu at the bottom of your screen
- Select the image or video you want to turn into a collab post and tap Next
- Edit your media as you normally would and tap Next
- Select Tag people
- Select Invite Collaborators
- Type in the name of the IG account you would like to create the collab with, and tap on their name once you see it
- Tap Done
- Create your post’s caption, add the relevant hashtags, include the location, and complete any other fields you normally would
- Tap Share to make your post live
After you have done this, your invitation to collaborate will have been sent to the account you have selected to collab with.
Note: You can add multiple accounts to collab with in the Invite Collaborators step.
Also, keep in mind the notification saying that the person you want to collab with has not accepted your invite can only be seen by you. None of your followers will see it when they view your post.
How to Accept a Collab Invite
Now that you know how to collab post on Instagram, you may be wondering how you can accept an invite to collab. Just follow these steps:
- Log in to the Instagram account that was invited.
- Tap on the Heart icon to view your Notifications
- Select the notification showing your account getting tagged within a post
- After seeing the preview of the post, pick Review
- Tap Accept to approve your collab invite
Once you accept the invitation, your account will get linked to the IG post and will be visible on both your Instagram account and the account of the person who created the original post.
Note: You have the option to Decline the invite, or you can select Not now to get rid of the notification temporarily and do it at a later time.
How to Remove Your Account From a Collab
You may decide that you no longer want to collab with someone on a post. If this is the case, then you can remove your account from the post whenever you wish. You do not need permission from the original content creator.
Do the following to remove yourself from a collab:
- Open the collab post
- Tap on the three dots in the top-right of the screen
- Select Tag options and tap on Remove Me from Post
That’s it! You will no longer be tagged under the collab post and will no longer be a collaborator.
Note: If you have created a collab post, you have the ability to remove anyone who accepted your collab invites by untagging them.
Also, Instagram currently only allows collab posts to be done by public profiles. If you have your profile set to private and want to do collaborations, you will first need to switch to having a public profile.
Why You Should Do Collab Posts
There are quite a few benefits to IG collab posts. The big ones are:
- Gain new followers – Your post will be seen to the followers of everyone collaborating on the post, which increases the chances of you gaining more new followers.
- Receive more Likes – Generally speaking, the more people you reach with your posts thanks to collaborating, the more likes you will receive on those posts.
- Get more exposure – Your collab could end up on the Explore page due to receiving greater engagement, which will result in your post getting much more exposure.
- Become more established – Collab posts with popular influencers and others could increase your social cred by association, helping you improve your reputation.
All of these reasons to leverage Instagram collab posts. However, remember that you must have a public account, invited collaborators need to approve the invite before they are tagged in a post, and collaborators can also untag themselves from a collab post.
Now that you know how to collab post on Instagram make sure you take advantage of this helpful feature for maximum engagement.