You’ve likely come across videos with a split-screen while scrolling through TikTok. Essentially, this is called the duet feature, and it offers content creators a great way to respond to other videos.
Not only that, but you can also use this feature to act out movie scenes or create music with your friends, and you don’t even have to be in the same room to do so! Also, did you know you can even duet yourself? Here’s what you need to do in order to start using this feature.
Once you come across a video you want to duet, follow these steps:
- Find the Share button that’s located on the right side of your screen.
- Select the Duet option.
- Allow the video to process. Once it’s completed, TikTok will open the duet mode for you.
- You will know that you’ve entered the duet mode when you see a split-screen. Your video will be on the left part of the screen, and the video you are dueting will be on the right.
- Next, tap the Record button.
- Once you finish recording, select the check mark that’s located to the right of the record button.
- Before you go any further, check your video. At this point, you can add effects or stickers.
- When you’re happy with your video, select the Next button in order to add captions. Here you can also change the settings of your TikTok (i.e., turn off comments, enable duet or stitches, etc.).
- Finally, select Post.
If you want to make a duet with a video that has sound, you will need to follow these steps:
- Select the video you’d like to duet.
- Find the Share button located on the right side of your screen and click on it.
- Select Duet.
- Click on the Mic option on your screen’s right to enable the sound.
- Select the Record button at the bottom of your screen. Hold it while you’re recording, and release it once you’re finished.
- Click on the red check mark.
- Click on the down caret that’s located on the right side of your screen.
- Select Volume.
- On the Added Sound option, adjust the volume to zero.
- Select the Done button.
- Add filters and effects (optional) and click the Next button.
- Insert a caption and adjust the settings if necessary, and select Post.
Adding a voiceover is especially useful if you want to provide a bit more context to your TikTok. Here’s how to use this feature:
- Select the TikTok you want to duet and click the Share Button.
- Click on Duet.
- Press the Record button, and select the red check mark once you’re done.
- Click the down caret located on the right side of your screen and select the Volume option.
- Lower the volume of the added sound to zero, and click the Done button.
- On the right side of your screen, select the Voiceover button.
- Click the Record button at the bottom of your screen.
- Record your voiceover and press the Save button.
- Insert duet effects (optional) and select Next.
- Insert a caption and select Post.