Have you ever created an Instagram post but decided you did not want to have it posted right away? The solution is to make it a draft. We will go over both how to find drafts on Instagram and how to save drafts in the first place.
How to Save Drafts on Instagram
The draft feature is a huge help to influencers and everyday users of Instagram. If you want to prep a post as a draft, here are the steps you will need to take:
- Open Instagram and tap the + icon at the bottom of your feed page
- Select Post from the publication type menu in the bottom-right of your screen
- Upload the image or video you want to use, or take a new one
- Tap Next on an iPhone or the arrow icon on an Android
- Add any special effects or filters you would like, your location, and a caption
- Go back to the editing step and tap on the back arrow
- Tap on Save Draft to save your edited post
The steps will be similar for any publication type, be it a post, story, or reel.
Save Reel Drafts
If you want to save a reel as a draft, do the following:
- Tap on Reels are the bottom of your screen
- Record or upload the video you want as your reel
- Edit your video according to how you want it to look
- Tap the arrow button at the bottom of the screen – this opens the Share page
- Tap Save as Draft to save your reel
Great work! Now, your reel is saved as a draft until you share it. You could also discard the draft if you have changed your mind about sharing it.
Save Story Drafts
To save a story as a draft, you need to take the following steps:
- Head to Instagram Stories
- Create the story you want to save as a draft
- Tap on the X in the top-left corner of your screen and tap on Save Draft
A draft for an IG story gets saved for 7 days. If you don’t share it within that time frame, your draft gets removed permanently.
How to Find Drafts On Instagram
Now that you know how to save drafts, it’s time to learn how to find drafts on Instagram.
Where do they go? We have a step-by-step tutorial that will help you out.
- Open Instagram
- Tap the + icon
- Tap on Post out of the publication options menu
- Select the draft you were looking you to either share or edit it
You will see all of the drafts you have made for posts within the last 7 days. If you only have one post as a draft, then it will be easy to find it.
Delete Drafts for Posts
If you want to delete a draft, do the following:
- Tap on Drafts after locating it, as explained above
- Tap on Manage
- Tap on the Edit icon to select the draft you want to delete
- Tap on the checkmark and select Discard
Finding Drafts for Reels
Finding the drafts for your Reels is a simple process as well. Here’s what you will have to do:
- Open Instagram
- Tap on your profile icon at the bottom of your feed page
- Tap on the Reels icon
- Tap on Drafts to view the drafts for your reels
- Select a draft and tap on Share to share it with your audience
Delete Drafts for Reels
If you want to delete a draft for one of your reels, do the following:
- Tap on Select in the Reels draft page
- Locate your reel’s draft
- Tap on Discard
Finding Drafts for Stories
If you want to find a draft for a Story, take these steps:
- Tap on your profile picture to pull up your story
- Tap on Your story to go to the drafts
- Open up the draft you want to post
Delete Drafts for Stories
Deleting a Story draft is simple. All you need to do is tap on the X and tap on Delete Draft.
Now that you know how to find all of your drafts, you can simplify your social media workflow and enjoy a more enriching Instagramming experience.