Since Meta owns both Instagram and Facebook, it has made it easy to link accounts on both platforms for greater interoperability. In fact, this feature has been available for a long time. As these two platforms form an increasingly stronger bond, cross-platform integration continues to grow.
If you want to easily share content to both platforms, then you will want to know how to link Instagram to Facebook.
We are going to look at the benefits of linking both your Instagram and Facebook accounts, as well as their benefits. We will also share how to unlink your FB and IG accounts in case you decide connecting them isn’t for you.
Connecting your Instagram and Facebook accounts can provide you with more benefits than you may realize. Here are the big ones:
- Analyze post performance more precisely. Determine whether your engagement campaigns work or if they need to be tweaked.
- Send messages from a single place. You can manage correspondences more simply and get access to more inbox features like message filtering and labeling.
- Run ads on both platforms. You can pay for your ads in a single location while displaying ads on both platforms.
Now that you know why it’s a good idea to link your accounts, it’s time to actually do it.
Note: You will first need a Facebook business profile if you want to connect your Instagram account. You could either use Facebook Business Partners to link your FB page to Instagram Shopping, or you can create a new FB page and then switch it over to being a business account.
Also, you will need to know what Facebook requires you to do if you want a business page:
- You must be the administration of your Facebook business page
- Your Facebook page needs to be public
- You have to follow Facebook Merchant’s terms and conditions, along with its Commerce Policies
As long as you abide by these requirements, you can continue on to linking your IG and FB accounts. We will share the Facebook to Instagram task flow, as well as the Instagram to Facebook action list.
Here is what you must do to connect your Facebook page to your Instagram:
- Log into your Facebook business page and click on Pages in the menu
- Click on Settings and scroll down to the Instagram section
- Input your Instagram login details and click the Connect Account button
After you have taken these steps, you will see a window prompting you to connect your IG account. When you log in, finish connecting your IG profile with your Business profile. You will know you have finished when you see a success message informing you that your Instagram account is now a business account.
If you want to know how to link Instagram to Facebook, we’ve got you covered with the following steps:
- Open Instagram on your phone
- Tap on your profile picture in the bottom right of the screen
- Tap on the Edit profile button
- Scroll down to the Profile information section and tap on Page
- Tap on Continue and select the Facebook page you want to connect
Note: If you don’t have a Facebook yet, you can tap on Create a new Facebook page
If you at some point decide you no longer wish to have your IG and FB accounts linked, you can easily unlink them. To do so, take the following steps:
- Head to the Account Center
- Tap on the account you want to unlink and choose Remove from Accounts Center from within the Account & Profile section
Note: Your Instagram content will still be retained on your Facebook page unless you outright delete it. Additionally, you will need to remove all of your IG posts from Facebook.
Bottom Line: Now that you know how to link Facebook to Instagram, you can enjoy a more seamless content posting experience that can result in greater engagement and social media success.