Instagram is one of the most popular apps on the planet. With nearly two billion active users of the platform, it’s a place you want to be.
Instagram is a photo and video-sharing app. On the app, you can post pictures and videos and have your followers react to them with likes, comments, shares, and saves. You can also view these visual content from other users, and they can be quite engaging.
Beyond the daily scrolling for fun, many companies are leveraging Instagram as an important business tool. With a user base that large, Instagram is a great place to advertise your business, reach a wider audience, and grow your brand. This could also bring some revenue to both personal and business accounts.
If you’re new to the app, a lot of questions might be on your mind. One of the most likely ones is “How do I post on Instagram?” Don’t worry, we’ll walk you through it.
How To Make a Post On Instagram
The great thing is that the Instagram app is very user-friendly, so with our guide, you should be able to find your way around it. Simply follow these steps:
- Open your app and tap the “+” icon on the screen: The icon is at the bottom Centre of the app, so you can’t miss it.
- Choose picture(s) or video to post: Instagram lets you choose any picture from your gallery. However, you can click on the camera icon and post one directly from the app.
- Crop your image: Instagram now allows rectangular pictures, but you still have to fit their specific dimensions.
- Pick a filter: This is optional, of course, but you can go nuts with all the options Instagram provides. Simply scroll and make your choice. By double-clicking the filter tile after selecting it, you can regulate how heavy the filter effect would be.
- Edit the photo: Tapping on the edit button will lead you to the editing choices Instagram offers. Let your inner artist go wild here.
- Type a caption: A great caption can take your post places, so unleash your creativity.
- Put in hashtags to determine your audience: On Instagram, users can search for posts by hashtags, so write relevant hashtags in your caption. These hashtags can help your post get to people who would be interested, so put in the best ones for your content.
- Tag friends: You can tag your friends on your post. This can be easily done by including their handle (their username beginning with an @ symbol) in your caption.
- Now, post: Here, you also have the option of posting to other social media apps simultaneously. Toggle the switches if you want to, then post when ready.
Now, you’ve successfully made your first Instagram post. Your first post on Instagram can mark your step into the content-creating world. However, don’t be scared to take the leap. You have great ideas that the world needs to hear, so get cooking.