There are several reasons why you may decide to block another person on Instagram. At the same time, you may also decide you want to unblock someone. Be it intentional or accidental, blocking another Instagram account doesn’t have to be permanent. Thankfully, it’s a fairly simple process.
How to See Blocked Accounts on Instagram
Everyone you have currently blocked will show up on the same list. Accessing this list will be the key for how to see blocked accounts on Instagram. Anyone you find bothersome or unappealing in some way is likely to have made their way onto this list. Accessing this list is only possible on a smartphone, which is why we will provide step-by-step instructions for how to view a blocked Instagram account using this method.
Access Blocked Accounts on an iPhone
iPhone users can quickly locate the Blocked list in a few simple steps. Here is what you need to do:
- Open the Instagram app
- Find your profile picture and tap on it in the bottom-right of your screen
- Tap on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the top-right of your screen
- Tap on Settings and Privacy on the screen that pops up
- Find the Who can see your content section and tap on Blocked. You should now see all of the accounts you blocked on Instagram
Access Blocked Accounts on an Android
If you have an Android phone, the steps for how to see blocked accounts on Instagram are very similar to those above. Here are the steps you would need to take:
- Open the Instagram app
- Tap on your profile picture in the bottom-right corner of your feed
- Tap on the hamburger menu located at the top-right of your screen
- Select Settings and Privacy when a screen pops up
- Find the Who can see your content section and tap on Blocked. Your Blocked list should now be visible to you
Now that you have located the Blocked list, you could unblock any accounts on it by tapping on the Unblock button located beside their usernames.
Protip: Block additional accounts by tapping the + icon located at the top-right and then typing in the username you want to block. Not only can you block their account, but you will also be given the option to block any other accounts they may make in the future.
Do you want Instagram to help you decide who to block? The platform’s list of suggested accounts you can block could be just what you are looking for. These will show up after you block an account. The accounts that are suggested are tied to the accounts you have blocked on Facebook.
If blocking is too extreme for you, there is also the option to Restrict accounts, or prevent them from being able to comment on your content. Be aware of the differences between the different methods to prevent other users seeing or interacting with you and your content.
Bottom Line: Now that you know how to see blocked accounts on Instagram, you can decide whether to unblock anyone you have blocked previously, but you must do so from an iPhone or Android. Instagram does not make it possible to do so from a desktop at this time.