Instagram users all over the world are embracing the trend of hiding likes on their pages and posts. Some do it because their followers are mostly teens or young people. Others decide they want to assess more significant indicators to determine whether people are responding to their posts, such as shares and comments. Some might even think that the number of likes creates too much pressure when they just want to focus on posting quality content.
But regardless of the reasons behind your decision, we are here to help you out. Therefore, we gathered everything there is to know about turning off Instagram likes.
Let’s check it out!
How to Turn Off Likes on Instagram
Turning off those little heart notifications on Instagram is not a difficult process. That said, there are a few ways to go about it.
When You Don’t Want to See Likes on Other People’s Posts
First, Instagram allows you to hide the number of likes on other users’ posts from appearing in your feed. That can be useful in preventing you from comparing your account to those of other users. Additionally, it can compel you to look past the like counts. Here’s how you do it:
1. Click on the three lines in the top right corner, then choose Settings.
2. Choose the Privacy option, then tap on Posts.
3. Turn on the Hide Likes option.
Now, when you see other people’s posts, they will read something like this: “Liked by username and others.”
When You Want to Hide Likes on Your Own Posts
Unfortunately, you have to do this for every post you make because there isn’t a feature that will automatically conceal all of your Instagram likes. The good news is that you can modify this either before or after the post is published by following the steps outlined below.
1. While creating a post, wait until you reach the step when you should add a location, tag people, or write a caption. Then select Advanced Settings.
2. Use the toggle option marked as Hide Likes on This Post. That will work for pictures and videos you’ve added to your feed. However, you won’t have such an option when it comes to Reels.
3. While in Advanced Settings, you can make even more adjustments before publishing. For example, you can turn off comments or add alt text to your post for users of screen readers.
What If You’ve Already Published Your Post?
You can still hide likes even if your post is already out in the open. All you have to do is go to the post and access Settings by tapping the three dots menu. Choose Hide Like Count. You can also turn off comments this way.
Is There a Way to Track Likes Even if You Hide Them?
Yes, even if you hide likes on your posts, you can still check them and other KPIs on Instagram. If you have a Business Account, simply go to your profile and select the Insights option. There you can see your analytics and likes data.
And that’s it; you’ve done it! No more constantly checking for likes, no more feeling the pressure to get more likes. You can now focus on creating content you love and connecting with your followers.