Although YouTube is home to hundreds of thousands of different videos, sometimes users simply want to play the same content over and over again. It could be a complex Yoga tutorial, a handy DIY video, a long compilation of ambiance sounds, or your new favorite song.
Whatever the video, you can easily loop it both on YouTube’s website and the Android and iOS apps. Read on to find out how.
First, we’ll cover how you can loop a video on your desktop. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps.
- Go to YouTube.com;
- Find a video you want to loop and click on it;
- Once it starts playing, right-click anywhere on the video;
- Click the Loop option, and enjoy.
In case you want to loop a playlist, you should:
- Navigate to the playlist in question and play it.
- Under the playlist’s name in the upper right-hand corner, find the Loop sign (right next to the shuffle button) and click it.
Recently, YouTube has introduced the looping option on its Android and iOS apps. Thus, you can enjoy your video on repeat on your phone in just a couple of steps.
- Open the YouTube app on your phone;
- Find the video you wish to loop;
- When you start playing the video, tap on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner;
- Select the Loop video option and continue watching for as long as you want.
For playlists, you ought to:
- Locate the playlist you want to loop in the app.
- Play it.
- Select the loop button under the playlist’s name (again, it is next to the shuffle option).
Alternatively, you can also open YouTube’s website on your web browser, be it on an Android or iOS device. By using this hack, you can loop the video in the background while using other apps or texting.
For iPhones, the steps are as follows:
- Open the Safari app and type www.youtube.com;
- Find the video you want to loop;
- Click on the aA sign in the top left-hand corner of the screen;
- In the menu, tap Request Desktop Website;
- Once the page reloads and the video plays once again, long-press the video screen and tap Loop.
On any Android smartphone, follow these instructions:
- Open your browser of choice;
- Type www.youtube.com into the search bar;
- Play a video and long-press the screen;
- Select Request Desktop Site;
- When the video loads, hold the screen player with your finger for a second or two and tap on Loop.
Whether you choose to loop a video via the app or the desktop site, you should keep one fact in mind: YouTube will only give you the option to loop videos once the ads preceding it end. So, if you can’t see the Loop option when you access the player menu, just wait for the ad to conclude and try again.
If, for any reason, you want to find another way to loop a YouTube video, we have excellent news. Namely, there are numerous tricks and third-party platforms you can take advantage of. Here are the most popular options.
ListenOnRepeat allows you to loop any video on YouTube, regardless of its length. The best part is you don’t even have to leave YouTube’s website to use it. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open YouTube on your PC and navigate to the video you want to loop,
- Locate the video’s URL at the top of your screen. It should look something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i43tkaTXtwI;
- Now, delete the https://www. part of the link. You’ll be left with youtube.com/watch?v=i43tkaTXtwI;
- Add repeat between Youtube and .com, like this: youtuberepeat.com/watch?v=i43tkaTXtwI;
- Click Enter on your keyboard, and you’ll be taken to a ListenOnRepeat page where your video will loop for as long as you want.
For smartphone users, the best approach to looping videos is downloading looping apps. They are available both on Google Play and in the Apple store, and there are dozens of options to choose from.
For example, Musepic allows you to loop videos on all Android devices. Besides videos and playlists, you can even loop specific parts of different clips, as well as save them to a playlist and revisit them whenever you wish.
On iOS, you can use the MX Player app. It will let you loop videos and also give you access to thousands of hours of premium video content curated based on your interests.
In the case of both apps, looping videos is entirely charge-free. Of course, there are other players and apps you can use as well, and some of them even offer special features through paid subscriptions.