TikTok has become an addictive source of entertainment for millions of users around the world. The platform offers an endless stream of creative and amusing content, making it easy to lose track of time as you scroll through the “For You” page. But have you ever come across a video you loved and then struggled to find it again later? If so, you’re not alone.
In this post, we’ll guide you through the process of how to find watched videos on TikTok, ensuring that your favorite moments are never more than a few taps away. With our tips and tricks, you’ll be able to easily revisit and share the content you love, enhancing your TikTok experience like never before.
In the past, iPhone users were the only ones who could access their TikTok history, but now the process has been standardized for both iOS and Android devices, ensuring equal functionality for all. So, no matter the type of OS you use, simply follow these steps to find watched videos on TikTok.
- Select the ‘Profile‘ option you can find in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Tap three lines (or the main menu) in the top right corner.
- Select ‘Settings and privacy.’
- Once there, choose ‘Comment and watch history‘ (on iOS devices, tap the Content & Display option)
- Tap ‘Watch history.’
As a result, you’ll be able to see all the videos you have watched in the last 180 days. However, keep in mind that your TikTok watch history won’t include Stories and Lives.
While your watch history offers a comprehensive list of the videos you’ve seen, it can be time-consuming to scroll through them all, especially if you’re a heavy app user. So, to narrow down your search, you’ll need to recall enough information regarding the video to come up with relevant keywords. Here’s how to find watched videos on TikTok using the search function:
- Tap the magnifying glass (the search option) placed in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Type in the keywords you can come up with and tap ‘Search.’
- Tap the two lines with circles, called the filters menu, in the upper right corner and choose the ‘Watched‘ button.
- Hit ‘Apply.’
This method will display any watched videos associated with your keywords within the last 180 days. However, it’s essential to note that the ‘Watched’ filter also includes auto-played videos that appeared as thumbnails during your searches. This means you might need to dig a bit deeper to find the exact video you’re looking for.
- Utilize the app’s built-in filters and suggestions. On the top of the search results page, you’ll find filters that display only hashtags, videos, live accounts, users, sounds, and top posts connected to your query. Additionally, scrolling down will reveal search suggestions based on what others have looked for.
- Access the filters menu. It offers options to focus on videos you’ve liked, discover videos shared during a particular time period, and sort them by either relevance or those that have garnered the most likes. Additionally, this menu serves as the designated section where TikTok enables users to submit feedback concerning any encountered issues.
- Be as specific as possible with your search terms. For example, if you’re looking for a funny cat video, try searching for “funny cat TikTok” instead of just “cat.” That will help narrow down your search and make it easier to find the video you’re looking for.